5 Methods in Making Your Business Sell Using Your Instagram Account
In order to make your business sell through Instagram, you need to first have a popular Instagram account. The reason for this is because only a fraction of the traffic you’ll be receiving from your account will even bother visiting your site. In turn, only a fraction of that fraction will turn into paying customers willing to buy your products. Ergo, there are two ways around this that will lead you to profit out of your Instagram account promotional scheme. It’s either you increase the amount of followers and traffic from your Instagram so that even if you have the same conversion rates, you’ll still acquire more sales when all is said and done or you can improve your conversion rates to make the most out of the present amount of traffic you’re getting.
The Five Methods Themselves
- Networking on Instagram: Photographs connect people in Instagram. Or maybe it’s the other way around; Instagram connects its users through the use of photographs. Regardless, Instagram isn’t only a photo-sharing site, it’s also a social network, and there are several methods you can use to make a profitable network. You can use hashtags, follow established followers to open up their followers to your account, or engage the community by liking photos and leaving comments and whatnot. Regardless of the method, it’s clear that it’s all about user interaction. Hashtags are especially useful in gathering new followers, so make ones that are connected specifically to your brand or use trending tags on Twitter or Facebook to your advantage.
- Profile Optimization: Sites lookingfor better search engine rankings aren’t the only ones you can optimize and improve. You can also optimize your profile to make it more appealing to the Instagram crowd, particularly when it comes to your target audience. You should include brand information on your Instagram account the same way you would on Facebook, Twitter, or any other major social networking platform. Take meticulous care to mind the maximum amount of characters, your logo and how updated or uniform it is to your present marketing scheme, and image sizes. In order to build the perfect Instagram profile, you should include information customers might need in order to do business with you or find you.
- Cross-Promotion: If you have a more popular Facebook fan page or Twitter account at present with loads of fans or followers respectively, then you can use that as a shortcut to make your Instagram more popular by doing cross-promotions between those other accounts of yours. You can promote your business or your Instagram page itself to alert people that you have alternate accounts they could follow to better support the “team” or your company. In fact, Twitter and Instagram seemingly have a long-standing relationship when it comes to distributing photographs and whatnot (and Twitpic tends to turn large images into smaller resolutions anyway, so it’s better to get your hi-res photos archived in your Instagram for safekeeping and easier viewing).
- Qualification and Quantification: If you wish to know how well your brand is doing on the Instagram platform, all you really need to do is access the analytics and statistics tools such as Curalate and BlitzMetrics to see your metrics. This will give you a better idea of which photos in your portfolio are getting all the likes and shares, which ones need improvement, and which posts are highly relevant to your customer interests. You can also get to gauge the best trends, the places where the traffic is coming from and various other pertinent information that could shape your Instagram marketing.
- Reward Followers for Being Followers: The best way to make sure you don’t lose followers in the long run is to respect the followers you have on hand and reward them for being followers. Make them feel like they’re part of an exclusive club, acquiring privileges that non-members have no access to, or at least have advanced viewings and access to exclusive content. Place your incentives in the form of promotions and discount codes among those most loyal to your account. Make them not regret ever following you by bringing in quality photos and bonuses to make things worth their while. Deliver perks to your followers so that they’d make viewing your feed more of a priority as well in anticipation of being rewarded.